We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Samba Communications Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 07008803 whose registered office is at Unit 1, 14 Weller Street, London, England, SE1 1QU.
1. Information we may collect from you
We collect information when you register on our website, make use of Samba Mobile Broadband or any of our other products and services, subscribe to our mailing list, provide feedback or contact us whether via this website or otherwise. The information we collect from you may include the following:
- your contact details such as your name, address, email, telephone number and company details;
- information pertaining to the products and services which we provide to you and your use of such products and services;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or our advertisers' websites;
- details provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- details of your visits to our website or our advertisers' websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, URLs, search terms and other communication data and the resources that you access.
2. How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information concerning other products or services which we feel may interest you, based on the preferences which you have selected and on your use of our products and services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- in anonymised form, to understand more about our customers and how we can improve your experience of our website, products and services; and
- to notify you about changes to our website and services.
3. Disclosure of your information
Except as set out below, we not share your details with third parties unless you give us your permission to do so.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1156 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Samba Communications Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samba Communications Limited, our customers, or others.
4. IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may also obtain information by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver better and more personalised products and services. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your Samba preferences, and so allow us to customise the website and tailor our products and services according to your individual interests; and
- to recognise you when you return to our website or use our products and services.
5. Transmission of information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, changing your Mobile Broadband settings, editing your profile on the website, or by contacting us to request this.
7. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Please contact us here if you wish to do so. We make a small charge (currently £10) for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please ask us at any time to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
9. Contacting us